Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Rabbits are mocking me!

Last years pathetic attempt to keep the rabbits out of the dye garden didn't work. This year they didn't seem interested - I shouldn't say this (tempting fate) but they haven't eaten the plants. Admittedly we haven't weeded, so the beds are full of weeds, thistles and stinging nettles, which I decided were good rabbit deterants and seemed to be working.

BUT look what the little buggers have done overnight!!
Watership down is being replayed in my dye garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have pet bunnies and while I love them dearly, they're evil little gits when it comes to getting into where they shouldn't and then eating what they find there.

Dunno if you've seen this page but it has some ideas for protecting plants.

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/rabbits.htm

There's something called Liquid Fence that's made from natural ingredients, but I don't know where you'd get hold of it in the UK, and when I sprayed the sofa with all-natural anti-nibbling stuff from the pet shop Chips took a liking to it and licked the sofa all over before resuming nibbling.