Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bloody stupid cow!

Won't shut up, its not like she is ill or anything as the herd had a vet visit yesterday, she is just a gobby cow. And its not because she is shut in the barn as I can hear her from here when she is out on the marshes...

It took me a while to work out who the culprit was, as once she starts all the others join in.

It is the black one, as you can see from the photo, she is all sweetness and light, as soon as she thinks no-one will notice she starts again.


But they are very pretty girls, 7 calves this year, one of them last night, all 7 are boys, not a very good herd building execise, but this time next year there will be plenty of organic beef.

I wish I could say I was going to turn vegetarian because of them, as I will watch these little boys grow up, I guess knowing their destiny almost makes it ok. At least they have a happy life and will stay with their mummys until they are grown.

I just wish the bloody stupid black cow would shut up, but maybe I should be kinder maybe she knows the fate in store for her baby boy and is protesting to the world.

3 comments:

Craftygrrrl said...

Our Petunia was like that as well. I was convinced that she was part Rooster as she would start with the lowing as soon as the sun poked his head up!

Shepherd's Loft said...

I raise lambs. The boys suffer the same fate as your boys. I don't allow myself to get attached to them. That mama may just know what's up.

Anonymous said...

Just the one cow??? The bull here is clearly giving off a Scent for a radius of 10 miles & ALL the cows want a piece of the action...it sounds like Jurassic Park. And in a week or so they'll be coming in & the cow-shed is below our bedroom window....arrrrrrgh!